August 02, 2012

Meet Craft Artist - Marsha Kimilatta Juelerie

August 02, 2012

Heeeyhooo!!!!


BRANGEROUS ARE BACK AGAIN!!! And we’re excited to introduce you to Marsha Kimilatta. 

Yes! We had the pleasure of meeting Kimilatta and pretty much fell in love with her dreamcatcher. We think it will be fascinating to get updates on Kimilatta's progress. For one years, Marsha really show how unpredictable owning your own business can be.

BRANgerous : Hi Kimi! We really love your dreamcatcher, colorful and unique. Can you tell us about the meaning of Kimilatta ?
Marsha Kimilatta : Actually, Kimilatta doesn't have its specific meaning. Kimilatta was my childhood imaginary friend and i love her like my life depended on it and crafted her as my brand's character.  Just take a look my logo if you wanna know her.

BRAngerous : Wow! that's cool. Have you had a difficult time developing your own unique style? And actually, How much time do you spend for creating a unique dreamcatcher ?
Marsha Kimilatta : it depends on each product. On average, we produce 5 necklace and bracelet per day, helped by 5 support staff on production, packaging, delivery, and social network marketing. For everything i've done, of course...for me, the ideas always easy come and easy go...so i always write down my idea as they come and makes it easier to think up new ones. What's next ? Just action :)

BRAngerous : Great, so how to manage your time while you still attend college ? Do you work on multiple pieces at a time or have a specific time scheduling ? Please share to us, dear.
Marsha Kimilatta : For the first time, it's  really crowded. But i do really love my hobby and try to analyze the work flow. Monthly schedule management is the best solustion for my education and my business. For example, i need to know how much time it will take for me to both engage in the process and produce the dreamcathcer. Deadlines will vary depending on the frequency of the product launching. So i always try to establish  deadlines, calculate the production time to create a unique product and set the launching date. This solution gives me enough time to focus on my education while running my business.


 
BRAngerous : When did you decide to run Kimilatta ? and why do you bring Indian culture into it ?
Marsha Kimilatta : I started it in the middle of 2011. It was just a kind of pleasure, my hobby, my passion on handcrafted jewelry. I posted my handcrafted jewelry on facebook and really suprised by friends reaction. I just felt WOW, they love my handcrafted jewelry!!!. Since that time, i was really really have a big passion and spirit to create more. Until one day...i made a dreamcatcher necklace to fulfill my friend request and found another greater pleasure, a challenge and a big adventure. That's why i keep focus on Kimilatta and bring these dreamcatcher. I love the philosophy of dreamcatcher and  really enjoy the process of creating these into sweet and colorful jewelry.

BRAngerous : OMG, we can feel the passion inside. Who or what inspires you ? what makes you want to get up out of bed in the morning ?
Marsha Kimilatta : My self. My Passion. My dream. And of course, my family, best friend and boyfriend...they always support me in anyway. Based on my passion of jewelry and fashion, following the fashion mode and trend from our country and outside are the most important and valuable things. I adore Muqliza Imroni (Sou Brette) for local jewelry artist and Yooko. Muqliza Imroni has more innovative design while Yooko is and independent craft artist who craft brilliantly, focus on knitting and have beautiful result.



BRAngerous : We notice you hold a workshop in Majapahit Hotel and taught to the participant "how to make a dreamcathcer".  If you meet someone plagiarized your dreamcatcher, even presenting it at the same way as you are, what will you say ? and how you handle it ?
Marsha Kimilatta :  I just keep doing my stuff in good ways, in other words, just create the things for my self, my passion and my customer.  Thanks God, for idea in my head. It always come and bring new inspiration and imagination for me. I almost don't care about what plagiarist made, said, and done hehehe. I just try to believe that everybody have their own uniqueness.

BRAngerous : Great word, Kimi. Next, Would you share three unique things in your workspace that inspire you?
Marsha Kimilatta : Hahaha the first winner goes to dreamcathcer. 2nd is the cutest and unique tiny sculpture, like animal, bird and else. 3rd, all of the natural things used to be Kimilatta product view.

BRAngerous : What about...craft tool you can't live without ?
Marsha Kimilatta : a tiny craft pliers, so versatile and i always bring it, always. LOL.
 

BRAngerous : When did you first start creating things?
Marsha Kimilatta : When i was a child, i love to draw things and made origami :)



BRAngerous : What's next from Kimilatta ?
Marsha Kimilatta : Next target, we're gonna produce wearable things, not only focus on jewelry, but bag and clothing . And we will expand our network, add wide variety of  stockist and distributing our product to another city. Wish me luck.

BRAngerous : Please give us a secret word. A magic word, or may be a special message or anything.
Marsha Kimilatta : mmm....Just focus on your passion. Practice. Learning. Be Creative.


Marsha Kimilatta Juelerie
See more Kimilatta handcrafted jewelry here.

Thank you, Marsha. You and Kimilatta are one of inspiration for us. 

  
BRAngerous Woman Art Community & Exhibition

5 comments:

Ameliasyalala said...

bagusnyaaaaa kak...ga nyangka orang kita bisa bikin kalung kayak gini @__@ unyuuu banget. Blognya juga keren abissss >.<

Stephanie Gregoria said...

Indian style is unique n cool! luv this article

Unknown said...

aaaw very lovely.
the story from her childhood then became a dream come true really inspiring :D

LuryCoco said...

Awesome..dream catcher has been the most brilliant thing that ever happen in fashion..and I got one too..
http://www.lurycoco.com/2012/07/dream-catcher/

Unknown said...

Draw the lead you are talking to on the phone into your network marketing presentation the second you start. "Hello, my name is Jim, and the reason I am calling is ..." is a great way to start your conversation.